Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Thing 10 – Learn about tagging and social bookmarking using del.icio.us.

I have been using delicious since 2007; I originally started because you can keep your bookmarks in a central location on the web at http://www.delicious.com. I use a laptop at school and a different computer at home so this is a way that I can view my bookmarks from any computer. You can also organize your bookmarks in categories which makes it easier to find your favorite and most used sites. Here are my Top 10 Tags categories from delicious.

Top 10 Tags

* blogs173
* imported99
* secondlife45
* digitalstorytelling40
* technology35
* writing34
* tech31
* paper21
* Beowulf21
* yoga17

All Tags 299 (Tags are keywords people use to describe their bookmarks.)


Another cool feature of delicious is that you can add people to your network "Share your bookmarks, and get bookmarks in return". You can use the "Subscriptions and Network features to keep track of the Delicious tags and users you find most interesting". Here are the most Popular Bookmarks at the time of this post.

*
I LEGO N.Y. - Abstract City Blog - NYTimes.com
*
Hack Attack: Burn almost any video file to a playable DVD
*
Design Resource | 30+ Free Quality PSD Files to Download
*
200+ Beautiful Seamless Patterns Perfect for Web Design
*
Make Business Cards - Free PDF Cards

How to Organize Your Bookmarks with Delicious Essential Toolbox


who says says librarians (and teachers) don't like tags

Educators and librarians have been using "Delicious both as a way to share bookmarks with each other and a way to help their students and patrons learn. This makes perfect sense to me as a college student because I bookmark and tag references for all my projects and I’d love to see similar collections from my professors and classmates."

No comments:

Post a Comment